Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A little bit about me

Welcome to my blog!

For my debut post, I have decided to write a little bit about myself and my reasons for creating this blog. To start off, I am a resident of Colorado Springs and have been for almost 18 years now. I am married and have two beautiful toddler-aged girls. I'm still (barely) in my twenties and am also a student at UCCS. My two biggest hobbies are writing and trying new things. Hence, the blog!

While the Springs has been my home for a very long time, I feel as though I have been missing out on the truly cool stuff there is to do around here. I've toured the Air Force Academy and have taken several hikes through the Garden of the Gods, but I am convinced there are other unknown gems out there waiting to be discovered. Whether they are restaurants, shops, or fun activities, I am committed to sniffing them out and telling you about them. I will warn you that some of my posts may be about well-known places too. I want this to be a thorough account of fun things to do around town and across the front range. I invite anyone to send me ideas of places to explore and to comment on my experiences as well. I also have to warn that this is not an outdoorsy kind of blog either. While I enjoy the occaisional nature-walk, I'm not a hardcore hiker and camper. In other words, I usually like to stay close to areas with cell phone service and running water.

To conclude, I hope you enjoy my posts and that they are informative and entertaining. If you do like them, spread the word and get your friends to check me out too! Happy exploring!

The Girl Around Town

No comments:

Post a Comment